Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Marina and The Diamonds

Some of you may recognize her by her song that became really hot on the radio, "Primadonna". When I had first heard the song, I loved it. But as most songs on the radio, I listened to it, got sick of it and never looked into the artist. Around December of last year a friend of mine told me to listen to "How To Be A Heartbreaker" and I fell in love with Marina all over again. I kid you not, this song was on repeat for about a week. So good. Within the past couple months though, I took the time to look into this artist and her music.



Born October 10, 1985, Marina Diamandis grew up in the middle of the pop movement.
In 2005, she created the stage name "Marina and The Diamonds". When asked how she came up with the name she said:

"I never envisaged a character, pop project, band or solo artist. I saw a simple group made up of many people who had the same hearts. A space for people with similar ideals who could not fit in to life's pre-made mold  I was terribly awkward for a long time! I really craved to be part of one thing because I never felt too connected to anybody and now I feel I have that all around me." ('Now Real Life Has No Appeal' 20 June 2010)

Now in 2013, she has two albums out, "The Family Jewels" and "Electra Heart". Under her belt she has an MTV Music Award, a Virgin Media Music Award, an Attitude Magazine Award, and two PopCrush Battle of the Brits awards.

Personally, I love her style. She is a mix of really fun retro pop songs and calm music. A great mix if you ask me. 

Here are some of my favorite songs by Marina! 










My friends always give me a hard time for this song because the title is "Sex Yeah", but it actually has great meaning in the lyrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment